Sick of struggling to climb into your Honda Ridgeline? You’re not alone. Install a running board and say goodbye to the hassle.
In this guide, you’ll discover the best running boards for your Honda Ridgeline, so you can get in and out with ease.
The Honda Ridgeline is a popular midsize pickup truck that has established itself as the go-to for anyone who needs both the ride of an SUV and the capacity of a truck. While it comes with many features from the factory, if you are looking to add some style and practicality to your Honda Ridgeline, you may want to consider adding running boards.
Running boards provide an easy way to access your truck as well as adding a stylish look. In this guide we will take a look at some of the best running board options for your Honda Ridgeline. We will discuss some of the key features, pros and cons, installation tips, and pricing information for each. With this knowledge in hand you can make an informed decision on which is right for you and your Honda Ridgeline.
Factors to Consider when Choosing Running Boards for Honda Ridgeline
There are several factors you should keep in mind when shopping for running boards for your Honda Ridgeline. By considering the following items, you’ll be able to select the best possible product for your truck.
Material: When it comes to running boards, look for ones that are made from durable materials like aluminum or stainless steel. These will ensure that your running board will last a long time and won’t become corroded by moisture or road chemicals.
Size: The size of the running board should be considered carefully as it will impact accessibility and style of the truck. Look for a model that is large enough to provide plenty of step space but not too bulky that it detracts from the overall look.
Design: You’ll want something that is stylish and complements the look of your truck while providing optimal functionality at the same time. Some types may feature rubber mats or designed treads to provide additional traction when getting in and out of your vehicle.
Installation: Take into account how easy it would be to install a set of running boards on your Honda Ridgeline so you don’t have any issues during assembly. Ideally, you want one with an intuitive design so they can be easily installed with basic hand tools in no time at all.
Material and durability
When choosing running boards, one of the most important factors to consider is their composition and consequently, their durability. High-quality running boards are those made of heavy-gauge steel with a powdercoat applied for extra protection against corrosion. Such boards have good strength and sturdiness.
It’s also important to check the quality of the mounting brackets, which should be made of sturdy steel and feature rubber strips for extra grip when stepping on and off the board. It’s also a good idea to look for advanced features like step grips or dimples in the surface that can reduce slipping even when wet.
Aluminum boards tend to be more lightweight and provide excellent corrosion resistance, but might be prone to bending under load. Make sure you choose running boards that meet the manufacturer’s stated weight rating requirements for your Honda Ridgeline model.
Style and design
The style and design of running boards provides a personal touch to your Honda Ridgeline. Depending on the model you choose, they can be a discreet step or add a bolder look to the overall appearance of your truck. When looking for style, it’s important to consider when choosing a running board what type of step you need or desire. Slim running boards offer a stylish option and also help control large amounts of water kicked up by large tires as well as keep mud confined to the body of the vehicle.
More stylish options in running boards include those that come with textured tread surfaces with fun designs like stars, flames, Union Jacks and more. Other off-road inspired options include ones crafted from aluminum diamond plate material that can really upgrade the look of any Honda Ridgeline. No matter what pattern you choose for your running boards, you are sure to find one that suits your taste and complements the look of your truck!
Installing a running board or side step on your Honda Ridgeline is an easy job that most do-it-yourselfers can accomplish with minimal tools. Before beginning the installation, be sure you have all the necessary tools and hardware for the job. Place a blanket or tarp over any area where you hope to have no contact with the vehicle in case of scratches during installation. Now, follow these steps and you will be ready to hit the open road in style and ease!
Begin by using your drill and bits to make initial holes into the designated mounting points of the running boards. Once complete, gently slide them through all pre-drilled holes along their respective mounting points as instructed in your product guide. Secure all mounting brackets onto Ridgeline’s body per instructions provided with your specific running board model.
Now use appropriate size screws and bolts under each bracket bolting them in place to ensure a tight fit. Lastly use nuts, washers and caulk (optional) as instructed in guide booklet or install kit along each bracket further securing them onto frame once all brackets are torqued into place. Be sure not to overextend torque/tighten screws as this may damage both frame and board itself. An average of 15 lbs should suffice depending upon model being installed so refer back to original instruction manual or install guide for best recommended specifications before finalizing installation process.
When looking for the best running boards for your Honda Ridgeline, it is important to consider aspects such as structural integrity, weight capacity, compatibility, and most importantly price. Some running board models come equipped with features such as an adjustable step height, non-slip surfaces, and mud flaps; all of these components must be weighed against the desired budget when considering which running board best suits your particular needs.
Typically speaking, price varies greatly in accordance with the type of running boards you are looking for. Generally speaking, convenience does come at a cost. Ultimately speaking however there is something for everyone in terms of budgets and desired features within a certain range – meaning that no matter what your budget may be there are options available that can meet your transportation needs both safely and securely.
III. How to Install Running Boards on Honda Ridgeline
Running boards can provide your Honda Ridgeline with a more functional and stylish look. Installing a running board is no easy task and may require some extra tools. Here is an overview of the steps you need to take to install running boards on your Honda Ridgeline:
- Start by using the manufacturer’s instructions as guide. The instructions should include a list of materials and tools you will need for the installation. Make sure that all the parts are there before starting any work on your truck.
- You must use a drill or jigsaw to make openings in the frame of the Honda Ridgeline for mounting holes for your running board assembly, if needed. When drilling these holes, remember to cover up any rust with an appropriate antirust sealant before beginning work on the truck frame itself.
- Once all holes have been drilled in the frame, it is time to install the mounting brackets according to your manufacturer’s instructions; it is important that these are secured firmly into place before proceeding with further assembly steps. Place all bolts through their respective slots and tighten them onto the frame with sufficient force in order to securely hold them in place after installation has been finished.
- Prepare and attach the running boards according to manufacturer’s instructions; checking all nuts, bolts, and fittings during this time periodically so that nothing loosens due to vibrations while driving or comes off due inadequate tightening procedures taken during installation process.
- After proper measurements have been taken from existing holes along truck frame’s side rails, these measurements must be recorded so that same can be followed when drilling holes into running board’s aluminum brackets slotted area where they eventually meet up after applying appropriate pressure spread evenly across whole area as screw fasteners then finally tighten onto predetermined points where they’ll become attache permanentely against sidewalls already integrated into body structure of Honda Ridgeline vehicle creating final bond between two components.
6 Using screws supplied during assembly process, additional washers where applicable, and previously marked preset points within newly drilled gauge areas along Slotted Aluminum Brackets now firmly tight against sidewalls, thread within them each screw fastener through their respective hole in sidewall then down into their home (& tight) inside corresponding slots toward midsection slotted Aluminum Bracket sections (as long as correct fitment has been obtained from previous step). Now make sure entire length between two metallic pieces washers of slotted Aluminum mounting bracket remains firmly connected without loosening or halting full extension resulting complete integration between part & ridgelines bodyshell permanently completed leading successful conclusion project presented herein aided yet prevoius steps detailed above related directly installation Running Boards intended destination honda ridgeline truck framework given.
Step-by-step guide on how to install running boards on Honda Ridgeline
Installing running boards on your Honda Ridgeline can be a simple and convenient upgrade for getting in and out of the car with ease. This step-by-step guide will teach you how to install these useful additions to your vehicle.
• Measuring tape
• Socket wrench set
• Drill and bits
• Screwdriver set
• Ratchet set
1) Determine which side of the Honda Ridgeline you plan to install the running board on. Then, measure the distance between the mounting brackets that are included with your running board kit.
2) Using a drill, make two pilot holes in each corner of the mounting brackets for inserting screws. Make sure to drill at an angle to ensure that the screw heads are securely fastened.
3) Insert screws into each hole of both mounting brackets using a ratchet and screwdriver, tightening until secure.
4) Place one end of each running board against one side of your Honda Ridgeline, aligning with the mounts on either side of the car door frame. Make sure that these are placed tightly against your vehicle as it ensures further stability later on during driving conditions.
5) Using a measuring tape, ensure that both ends have been placed securely against your car’s frame before moving onto the next step in installation process.
6) Attach both pieces together by screwing them into place using a socket wrench set; tighten until secure with no room for slippage or gaps between them and your vehicle frame upon completion of this step. Do this same process for all four screws included in kit, ensuring that all four are tightly secured before moving onto next step or getting behind wheel in future driving expeditions!
7) Enjoy new found convenience while climbing in/out of Honda Ridgeline! No more struggling or jumping around – access is made easy thanks to running boards installed by yours truly.
Tips and tricks to make the installation process easier
The installation process for running boards on a Honda Ridgeline can vary from one model to another, so it is always best to consult your vehicle’s manual for the specific instructions. However, there are some general tips and tricks that apply to almost all models.
Before allowing you to begin the installation process of running boards, always inspect the size and shape of the board. Make sure that it corresponds with the size and shape of your Honda Ridgeline’s frame before proceeding with installation. Additionally, check to see whether any additional parts or tools are needed for the installation process as this could affect how easily you complete the task.
When you are ready to start installing your running boards on your Honda Ridgeline, take time to check all bolts and nuts to ensure they are tight. Pay special attention during assembly since skipping steps or using too much force might damage any parts or accessories used in conjunction with these running boards. To ensure a strong connection between pieces, use good-quality adhesive where necessary instead of relying only on screws or bolts for affixation purposes. Additionally, if you find that specialized tools will be needed during assembly, make sure those tools are properly sized and designed based on your Honda Ridgeline’s current specifications.
It is also important that you gently tug each installed piece after fitting in order to observe if it is located correctly within its designated area along your vehicle’s frame or chassis before moving onto the next piece within the assembly process as loose components can cause accidents if left unchecked before driving off in your vehicle post-installation. Last but not least, take extra precautions when tapping into cords present in other electronics within close proximity when drilling holes for screws or bolts during assembly as this could seriously harm delicate internal wiring structures causing irreparable damage should contact be made without due heed being paid beforehand so keep a proper eye out for these sensitive spots prior to commencing work!
Maintenance and Care for Running Boards on Honda Ridgeline
The maintenance and care of running boards on the Honda Ridgeline is just as important as their installation. Proper maintenance and cleaning is essential in keeping the boards looking their best and ensuring they last you for years to come.
In order to keep your running boards clean, you should start by regularly washing them with mild soap and water or a specialized cleaning solution. This should be done at least every other week to help prevent buildup from dirt, salt, or other debris. Once clean, it’s a good idea to apply a layer of wax or sealant to protect them from the elements.
It’s also important to check your running boards regularly for signs of wear or rust. You should inspect the mounting hardware for any damage or corrosion as well. If any issues are found, have a professional assess the boards before attempting any repairs on your own. Finally, if you notice any loose fasteners, make sure they are properly tightened right away so as not to cause further damage down the line.
Tips on how to keep the running boards clean and well-maintained
Keeping your Honda Ridgeline’s running boards in good condition requires regular cleaning and maintenance. Here are some tips to help ensure your running boards stay in optimal condition:
- Clean the running boards regularly – After every deposit of dirt and debris, it is important to clean the running boards. The simplest way to do this is by using a damp cloth or sponge, and a mild cleaner such as dish or laundry detergent, then rinsing it off with water. Avoid using any harsh cleaners such as steel wool or bleach.
- Wax the board- Applying a layer of wax after each deep clean can provide a protective barrier against dirt and debris accumulation while also boosting curb appeal.
- Cover when not in use- When not in use, cover up the running boards with a waterproof cover to prevent any weather damage that could occur due to exposure over time.
- Inspect for damage- Regularly inspect your running boards for dents, cracks and tears before installing them on your vehicle or before covering them for storage; damaged or fragile parts should be replaced immediately to avoid any accidents that could occur from slipping off the board while entering or exiting the car.
By following these simple maintenance tips and regularly cleaning your Honda Ridgeline’s running boards you will be sure to extend their lifespan, adding both reliability and value to your vehicle all at once!
Common problems and solutions for running boards
Running boards are a great addition to any Honda Ridgeline and can make getting in and out of your vehicle much easier. Unfortunately, many running boards are not installed correctly, meaning they don’t work properly or they may cause other problems. Here is an overview of the most common problems with running boards and what you can do to fix them:
- Poor fit – This is probably the most common issue with running boards for Honda Ridgeline vehicles since there is such a variety of sizes available. To address this problem, it’s important to measure your vehicle before purchasing a set of running boards so you know exactly which size will fit best. You should also pay attention to the material and design features that are offered with each set so you get one that fits perfectly but still looks great.
- Squeaks and rattles – This can occur when the bolts and screws used to attach the running board become loose from movement over time, causing unstable connections in between parts that create noises when bumped or when driving over bumps on the road. To combat this issue, check regularly for loose bolts or screws and tighten them accordingly as needed. Also, be sure to buy a high-quality installation kit for your Honda Ridgeline since it includes special rubber bushings that help reduce rattling noises even further.
- Cracking plastic – Many running boards are made from ABS plastic that is meant to last through all kinds of weather conditions over time. But if too much pressure is placed on the board during installation or if dirt or debris accumulates along its edges, then cracking may occur earlier than expected. To avoid this kind of problem, use quality mounting hardware like large steel bolts rather than screws, use Loctite thread locker on joints where bolt meets nut, and take care not to cause any scratches or scuffs while cleaning your new parts before installation starts.
The Honda Ridgeline is an excellent vehicle for those looking for a reliable truck that isn’t too big and unwieldy. Fortunately, there are a variety of running boards available to increase the convenience of using such a vehicle. Whatever your specific needs may be, there’s sure to be at least one board that will fit your Ridgeline perfectly.
Make sure to take time to measure and research the various brands and consider all the features before deciding on what kind of running board to buy. You will also want to factor in your budget when making this decision. Once you’ve chosen your perfect running board, you’ll be able enjoy getting in and out with ease!
Which is better side steps or running boards?
It depends on personal preference and the intended use of the vehicle. Side steps are typically easier to install and offer a more streamlined appearance, while running boards provide more surface area and can be more functional for larger vehicles.
What year Honda Ridgeline is most dependable?
According to Consumer Reports, the 2021 Honda Ridgeline is the most dependable model year.
What are the pros and cons to running boards on a truck?
Pros of running boards include easier entry and exit for passengers, added protection against road debris, and a more rugged appearance. Cons may include reduced ground clearance and potential damage from off-road use.
What is the difference between running boards and step bars?
Running boards are typically wider and offer a flat surface for stepping, while step bars are narrower and offer a more streamlined appearance. Step bars may also be more suited for off-road use.
How do I choose the right running board?
Consider factors such as the make and model of your vehicle, the intended use of the running boards, and personal style preferences. Look for options with durable construction and a secure mounting system.
Are steel or aluminum running boards better?
Both materials have their advantages and disadvantages. Steel running boards are typically stronger and more durable, while aluminum running boards are lighter and more corrosion-resistant.
What is the average life of a Honda Ridgeline?
The average life of a Honda Ridgeline can vary depending on maintenance and usage, but with proper care, it can last up to 200,000 miles or more.
What are the negatives on a Honda Ridgeline?
Negatives may include a lower towing capacity compared to some competitors, limited off-road capability, and higher price point.
What are the complaints on Honda Ridgeline?
Some common complaints include issues with the transmission, brake system, and infotainment system.
Why were running boards outlawed?
Running boards were never outlawed, but some states have implemented regulations regarding their use, such as requiring them to meet certain safety standards and not protrude beyond the vehicle’s wheel well.
See Also :
- Best brush guard for Honda Ridgeline 2023
- Best brush guard for Honda Ridgeline 2023
- Best synthetic oil for Honda Ridgeline 2023
- Best leveling kit for Honda Ridgeline 2023
- Best bug deflector for Honda Ridgeline 2023